It is the policy of Power Edge to ensure a safe, healthful workplace for all its employees. Injury and illness losses from incidents are costly and preventable. Power Edge will employ an effective accident and illness prevention program that involves all its employees in the effort to eliminate workplace hazards.
Management is accountable for preventing workplace incidents, injuries and illnesses. Management will provide top-level support of safety program initiatives. Management will consider all employee suggestions for achieving a safer, healthier workplace. Management also will keep informed about workplace safety and health hazards, and it will regularly review the company safety and health program.
Supervisors are responsible for supervising and training workers in safe work practices. Supervisors must enforce company safety rules and work to eliminate hazardous conditions. Supervisors shall lead safety efforts by example.
The safety committee includes employer and employee representatives who are responsible for recommending safety and health improvements in the workplace. The committee is also responsible for identifying hazards and unsafe work practices, removing obstacles to incident prevention and helping the company evaluate the accident and illness prevention program.
All employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including the following: reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents immediately to their supervisors or a safety committee representative; wearing required personal protective equipment; and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
OUR CORPORATE POLICIES
Environmental Policy Statement We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.